Headington Action is a charity (number 1170517) whose remit is to benefit those who live, work and study in Headington. We do this by working with the inhabitants, together with voluntary, commercial and other organisations and local authorities to promote the area, increase civic pride, undertake community projects and environmental improvements.
We receive funds from various sources, including:
- The Headington Saturday Market
- Local residents, councillors and community groups
- Oxford's two universities
- Local government councils
- National and local grant giving organisations
Our members consist of representatives of any organisation or group within Headington (see list below), plus local councillors and the Local Authorities. In addition, we co-opt individuals who have specific interests and skills.
Membership is open to any organisation or group which operates wholly or partly in Headington and subscribes to the aims of Headington Action.
To join, please email us here
Committee meetings are held in January, March, May, July, and November, normally on the last Wednesday of the month.
Prior to the pandemic meetings were held at Oxford Brookes University at 7pm, but now by video conference - precise details are sent out with agendas.
- Minutes of meetings.
- Our constitution.
- A map showing our area of interest (Headington Neighbourhood Plan Area).
- A network diagram showing our links to external organisations
- Elsa Bell
- Richard Bradley
- Patrick Coulter
- Viv Miles
- John Nealon
- Chair: A Trustee, by rotation
- Deputy Chair & Honorary Secretary : Elsa Bell
- Treasurer: John Nealon
- Admin. Support: Liz Grosvenor
- The Trustees
- Liz Grosvenor
Organisations represented by full voting committee members
- 6th Headington Guiding
- Barton Community Association
- Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (Oxford District)
- Churches Together in Headington
- Fielden Grove Residents' Association
- Friends of Bury Knowle Park
- Granville Court Residents' Association
- Headington Car Club
- Headington Community Association
- Headington Roadrunners
- Headington Schools Partnership
- Headington Singers
- Highfield Residents' Association
- Jack Straws Lane South Residents' Association
- London Court Residents
- Low Carbon Headington
- Mileway Gardens Residents' Association
- New Headington Residents’ Association
- New Marston South Residents’ Association
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
- Oxford Brookes University
- Oxford City Council (councillors) Barton & Sandhills, Churchill, Headington, Headington Hill & Northway, Lye Valley, Quarry & Risinghurst
- Oxford Civic Society
- Oxfordshire County Council (councillors) Barton, Sandhills & Risinghurst, Churchill & Lye Valley, Headington & Quarry
- Ramblers Association (Oxford)
- Friends of Old Headington
- Friends of Quarry
- Friends of Warneford Meadow
- St Anne’s, Gathorne, Rock Edge, & Margaret Road Residents’ Association
- Stephen Road Residents' Association
- Town Furze Allotments
- U3A Oxford